Apple for Business Messages: How to set up your integration
Apple Messages for Business gives you tons of opportunities to customize and personalize your conversations. You can use forms, list and time pickers, quick replies inside your chats, so users can go through the whole sales process without leaving the Messages app.
In this article, you will learn about:
The list picker allows businesses to create a list of pre-defined options for customers to choose from when interacting with the business via the Messages app. Clients will be able to pick an option from the list and send it as a message to the company. This feature can help to make conversations more efficient and give customers the ability to quickly communicate their needs to the business.
To create your first list picker just go to the widget at Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click on List picker > Add new:
Define your Call to Action message. This is a message that is sent to customers with list picker options. You can add photos, a title and write a description.
Add the list items. First, you need to add categories for your list items. Within each category, you can add multiple items including titles, descriptions and images to customize each item.
You can even add a link to your product if it is listed in your Lists section. For that click Link product and choose an item from your Lists.
Note: To allow customers to select more than one option, you need to enable the "select multiple" option.
Lastly, you can customize the reply message. This is the message that will be shown on the chat after the customer selects their desired item(s). By tapping on the reply message they will have the option to view a summary of the item(s) they have selected.
- Name the template and click Save.
With this feature, customers can easily select from several time slots and add the selected time to their calendar - all without leaving the messaging app!
It is a great option for booking and scheduling deliveries, services, meetings or product demos.
To create your first time picker, just go to the widget at Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and select Time picker > Add new:
Set the call to action message - this is a message that holds your rich media. It will be sent to a customer and they can access the time slots by clicking it. You can add a photo, title and description.
Tap on ‘Add a date’ and enter your available time slot. You can enter several dates and time slots if necessary, by tapping once again on ‘Add a date’.
- If you want to use your account's timezone, tick the checkbox.
Enter your reply message - this is a message that the user receives after they submit the dates.
Finally, name the template and click Save.
Quick reply in Apple Messages for Business is similar to a message with buttons or a simplified version of the list picker. This feature allows users to make a quick selection with a single tap during an ongoing conversation.
Head over to the widget at Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and select Quick reply > Add new.
Name your template: Choose an easy-to-remember to use in chats or inside the bot.
Customize the message where it suggests "Select an option".
Create as many response options as you need, by clicking on “Add an option”. You can start by creating a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ question.
Save your template by clicking Save.
With new Messages for Business you can also create forms that can be used without leaving the messaging app. Use them for triage flows, customer satisfaction surveys, and account creation or service sign-ups.
To create your first form, go to the widget at Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click Forms > Add new.
Start by customizing three main pages of the form. You can add photo, title and descriptions:
- Call to action message - this is a message that is sent to a customer and holds your form.
- Splash screen - the form's first introduction page.
- Completed form message - this is a message that is sent after a client submits the form. It also shows the summary of responses when tapped.
Click next to proceed to the body part.
Customize the body part of your form.
In the forms feature, each question is presented as a separate "page" This means that there is one page for each question.
You can arrange pages into sections (These sections are not visible to clients).
Create multiple pages and sections with diverse block options such as:
- Picker - customers can choose from a scrollable list of options in a wheel.
- Date picker - choose from a scrollable list of dates.
- Input - customizable text box for customer response, with size and hint options.
- Multiple select - this allows the client to choose one or more options from a list that includes both text and image options.
- Single select - same as multiple select, but only one option can be selected.
Create conversation flows based on selected options with "Go to section based on answer" feature.
Note: To enable the ‘Go to section based on answer’ feature, you must have only one question in that section.
There are some useful tools:
- You can drag and drop pages to change the order
- You can duplicate pages or sections
- All changes are saved automatically, so when you are done customizing your questions, simply return to the list of your forms.
Businesses can use Messages for Business to provide their customers with a secure and convenient way to buy their products or services through Apple Pay. This means that businesses can ask for payment through the messaging app, and customers can finalize purchases by using Apple Pay directly within the app.
In order to enable this option for your customers, go to Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click Apple Pay and provide the following information:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Name
- Verified Domain Name
- Payment Gateway URL
- Base Domain URL
- Gateway URL
- PEM File Certificate
- KEY File
When ready, click save.
By implementing OAuth, you can offer your clients the ability to log in to your service within the conversation and share their resources (like social media profiles or email accounts) with third-party apps without giving them their passwords or sensitive information.
To set up Authentication, go to Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click Authentication.
Enter your ‘OAuth profile URL’ and ‘Client secret key’ into the corresponding fields
Customize the preview message by adding image, title, subtitle, and button.
- Click Save
The iMessage App feature in Apple Business for Messages allows businesses to create custom apps that clients can use within Messages App. It provides a more interactive and convenient way for customers to access a business's products or services.
If you have an app in the App store, then you can use this feature. For example you can send your app to track the orders and the user can open it without leaving the Messages App.
To add your app go to the widget at Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click iMessages App > Add new.
Provide the following information:
- App ID
- App Name
- Team ID
- Ext Bundle ID
Add URL data - Key and Value. You can add multiple URLs.
Finally Add a Title and Subtitle that will be shown below your app when you send the app on Messages.
Note: you may need the help of your iOS developer to add the app.
When a link is sent without a manual or automatic preview image, your client will receive this fallback preview message.
Go to Settings > Integration > Apple Messages for Business and click Link fallback.
Add the image, title, and description that you want your links to have.
How to use rich media in chats
Replying to messages:
- When a client initiates a conversation, you can respond with freeform messages directly in the lead card or chat profile.
- With Kommo, you have the option to run bots and use pre-created templates in conversations. To access your templates, simply type '/' in the chat bar and all your previously made templates will appear.
Sending rich messaging templates:
You can send rich messaging templates from 3 different places:
- Manually in the side panel: you can access your Apple’s templates and use them to send messages from the side panel, which is located on the right-hand side of every lead profile. This panel provides you with all the tools that you have created, such as list pickers and quick replies, and allows you to manage your conversations with customers more efficiently.
- Using the Digital pipeline: you can send automated messages and set triggers.
Go to Leads > Automate
- Click on the pipeline stage where you want to send the message.
- Tap on 'Add trigger'
- Search for Apple messages for business
- Select the conditions when you want the trigger to be executed.
- To do this using the Salesbot:
- Go to Chats > gear icon > Templates & Bots
- Click on Create a new bot
- Add a Widget step, and select Apple Message for Business.
- Then, choose the type of interactive messages you want
- Select one of your previously made templates.
To learn more about creating Salesbots, visit our Salesbot section in our Knowledge Base.
Need more help setting up or troubleshooting? Contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us on Facebook.
Not a user yet? Visit our tour page or contact us for a demo.