Apple Messages for Business: How to connect with Kommo
Take your customer communications to the next level with Apple Messages for Business. This service allows companies to communicate and interact with customers in a personalized and convenient way, using the Messages app on your Apple devices. By connecting your Apple Messages for Business to Kommo, you will be able to use different kinds of rich media along with our Salesbots, templates and many more.
In this article, you will learn:
How to install the integration
It is very easy to install the integration. For that:
- Head over to the Settings > Integrations > Apple Messages for Business.
- Enter your Apple Business ID and click Connect.
Where to get your Apple Business ID?
In order to install the integration in Kommo, you must have an Apple Business ID. You can get the ID from your Apple Messages for Business account.
Note: If you don’t have an Apple Messages for Business account, you need to create a new one. Detailed information on how to create a new Messages for Business account can be found here. Make sure to select Kommo as your messenger provider while creating a new account.
To get your business ID:
- Go to Apple Business Register and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Messages for Business Accounts.
- Select the account you want to connect to.
- Scroll down to the Messaging Service Provider section and set your provider to Kommo.
- Go to the Links section and Copy ID
- Paste the ID into Kommo.
Please note that you can only send messages to your customers when they initiate a conversation. Once they send the first message, you will be able to send as many messages as you want, unless the customer deletes the chat from their messaging app.
For this reason, it is very important that you let your customers know that you have this communication channel available by sharing it at any of the following entry points:
- Starting messages from a URL
You can offer a URL to customers, which they can click to begin a message. Once they click the URL, the system will redirect them to the Messages app, where they can send a text message to your business.
The choice of how and where to present the URL is up to you – you can embed it as a link in an email, showcase it on your website, or make it the action for a button within your app.
To get the entry link to your Apple Messages for Business chat:
- Go to your Apple Messages for Business account
- Select the account that you connected to Kommo
- Scroll down to the Links section
- Copy Conversational link
- Share it on different platforms to let your customers know that you have this messaging channel available.
- Social media.
To offer a quick way to connect, you can post the chat link on your social media accounts.
You can paste the link in your bio, stories or linktree. You can also use our Engagement Page to showcase this channel.
To display your Messages for Business link in Engagement page:
- Go to Leads > Automate.
- Click on Add source.
- Select Engagement Page.
- Click + Create button on the right side to create a button for Apple Messages for Business.The button will show up in the mockup.
- Click on the button and add the link to your chat.
- Customize the button by adding the Apple Messages for Business logo and name.
- Click Done & Save.
- Website button (CRM plugin)
Increasing the visibility of your brand is crucial for making it easier for customers to reach out to you. One effective way to do this is by placing your Apple Message for Business as a chat option on your website. To implement this strategy, you can use our CRM Plugin.
Note: You need to install the integration first, before you can add it to your CRM Plugin.
To install the CRM Plugin:
- Go to Leads > Automate.
- Click on Add source on the left side.
- Select ‘CRM Plugin’.
- From the list of messenger buttons, choose the Apple Messages for Business button and move it to the right side of the line.
- Customize and make it the way you want it.
- Enter your website address before saving.
- QR codes
- Apple Maps Place Card
Use QR codes as entry points on marketing material, such as billboards, bus stops, stores, business cards, and tickets. You can create them for free on different platforms by using the link to your chats.
You can also place the option to connect with you through Business Messages on your Apple Maps location.
To Start using it, users should contact Apple directly and they will add Message Suggest for your business.
Need more help setting up or troubleshooting? Contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us on Facebook.
Not a user yet? Visit our tour page or contact us for a demo.