Quickbooks: Business accounting in Kommo
QuickBooks is a business accounting software program that businesses use to manage sales, expenses, and to track daily transactions. You can use it to invoice customers, pay bills, generate reports for financial planning, tax filing, and more. The QuickBooks product line includes several solutions that work great for anyone from a sole proprietor to mid-sized business.
Integrating Kommo with Quickbooks lets you use Kommo to its full potential. With the help of this widget, you can:
- Create invoices manually from within a lead card
- Create invoices automatically when you add items to a lead from the product list or to specific fields
- Change the lead stage automatically once an invoice is generated
- Import data from your QuickBooks account via the settings section
- You have administrative rights in Kommo before you install this widget.
- Your account is in the English language as it is not supported in other languages
- You have set up the taxes in your Quickbooks account: to set them up, login into your Quickbooks account – click on the Taxes section and set them up
After you set up sales tax, you need to log into your Kommo account and go to the Settings page. Choose the Integrations section and search for the Quickbook widget.
After you open the Quickbooks widget, click ‘+ Install: it will lead you straight to the login page. Then, Quickbooks will prompt you to choose your company.
After you choose the company, allow access to your Quickbooks data for Kommo. For that, press ‘Connect’. Now the widget is installed, and we can start working with it!
Quickbooks settings in Kommo
Once the widget is installed, it will add a section in the Settings section of Kommo.
Please note that Kommo items are not automatically synchronized with your products in Quickbooks
Here you can:
- Change invoice numbering prefix
- Import your Quickbooks product.After you press the ‘Import’ button, Quickbooks creates a catalog in the Lists section of Kommo. All of your Quickbooks products are listed there.
In Quickbooks items, you will be able to add and delete items. Please note that Kommo items are not automatically synchronized with your products in Quickbooks
- Take a look at your company details.By default, it will display the company details chosen when setting up the widget. To change them, you will need to go to your Quickbooks settings and reconnect the widget one more time.
Creating invoices from the lead card
Before you start creating a new invoice, make sure that the company field ‘Legal name’ that Quickbooks generated is filled in.
With the help of Quickbooks, you can create invoices from inside leads in Kommo. To do this, go to the ‘Leads’ section and click on the lead – then go to the Quickbooks tab in the left upper corner.
Click on the ‘ + New invoice’ button’. The invoice settings will open:
To create an invoice, you need to name the invoice, select a due date, select goods/services, quantity, and choose the tax amount.
Make sure that the Item you choose in the list already exists in your Quickbooks products, otherwise the invoice won’t be created.
After you are done, click ‘ Calculate’ and ‘Save’.The invoice is done! You can view and download the invoice as a PDF file or open it as a link. Here is what the invoice will look like:
You can also change the invoice status in the Quickbooks tabs once it’s created:
Creating invoices using catalog
Quickbook can also act as an auto-action (trigger) you can set up in the Digital Pipeline. The triggers work according to conditions chosen by you. For example, when a lead stage is changed, Quickbooks can generate an invoice for the customer.
To set up a trigger with catalog, you will need to attach a product to a lead from the Quickbooks items list. To do so:
- Go to Leads – click on any lead card – press Setup
- Add another group of fields: press ‘+’ next to other groups of fields.
- Choose the ‘Quickbooks items’ list.
Now that the field group is added, we can add an item to each lead to get the trigger working. For that, go to the lead – click on the ‘Quickbooks items’ tab – press ‘Attach item’ and choose it from the list.
To set up the automatization, go to Leads – Setup – click on any empty space under the needed stage – scroll down and choose ‘Quickbooks’:
For this trigger to work, make sure that the pin ‘Create an invoice based on the products list linked to the lead’ is checked and the ‘Legal name’ is fixed.
Choose which condition the automatization needs to trigger: I will stick with the example above and generate the link ‘When a lead stage is changed’. All the other fields are optional – fill them in if needed. You can also change the stage of the lead after they invoiced.
When you are finished, press ‘Done’ and Save the Digital Pipeline settings.
Now, when a lead stage is changed, an invoice will be generated and the status of it will be in the ‘Quickbooks’ lead tab.
Creating invoices using fields
The trigger with fields works almost the same way but instead of the items from the Quickbooks list, it uses the lead fields in Kommo.
Just like for the first trigger, go to Leads – Setup – under the needed stage, click on any blank space, then scroll down and find Quickbooks – press – ‘+Add’. Turn off the ‘Create an invoice based on the products list linked to the lead’ pin.
Now, match all the fields in Quickbooks with the fields in Kommo. You will need to match the Item description, Invoice sum and Legal entity (all the other fields are optional). After you are ready, press ‘Done’ and save the Digital Pipeline settings.
Make sure the Kommo fields you’ve chosen to match with the Quickbooks fields are filled in before you perform the automatization in the lead. Now, when you move the lead from one stage to the other (or under the conditions you set up), the invoice will be generated using the lead fields.